Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Firsts on the First - Cooking Lobster Tails

Some time back a friend gave us two frozen lobster tails. We love seafood, but rarely indulge in it. We were thrilled to get these lobster tails. I promptly put them in the freezer, and there they sat.


I could offer the excuse that six people and two lobster tails just doesn't add up, but the truth of it is I really didn't know what to do with them. I've boiled whole live lobsters before, but was at a loss for how to prepare these frozen appendages of the lobster. This week I decided to figure it out.

With three children visiting grandparents for the week, I figured it was the perfect time for my husband and I (and our youngest) to indulge in our free crustacean parts. And what to do when your at a loss for how to do something? Well, Google it of course. I found lots of different ideas. Most were very simple.

I already planned to grill some fresh veggies from the garden, so I decided to grill the lobster tails too. First, I thawed them. Then brushed them with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then I placed them on a preheated grill at medium heat. Turning occasionally, I let them cook until they were a nice red color, about ten minutes.

They were a tad more chewy than I normally expect from lobster, but from what I had read in the recipes I found, that is normal for frozen lobster. They still tasted wonderful, and were so very easy to make. I'll be watching for sales on lobster tails!



Did you try something new? Share your post with us by clicking on the Mr. Linky image below, or by leaving a link in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. I left a link for the Hive game we made...but, I'm not sure it worked. The game's a lot of fun and we had a good time making it one night.

    ReplyDelete

Header designed by Crystal. Thanks!