Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Cookie Favorites

The holidays just don't quite seem complete with out Christmas cookies. During the rest of the year I normally opt for sweets that do not take quite as much time, like bar cookies, brownies or cakes. At Christmas though, I thoroughly enjoy a day (or more) of cookie baking.

Cookies can make great gifts too. A few cookies in a small bag can be a perfect small gift for teachers, co-workers, or others. Included in a larger tray or basket they make a great gift for families or for the hard to shop for loved ones on your list. The tray pictured above is headed to the office with my husband. A few more like it will be made over the next few days or so for various gatherings and dinners we are attending. On that tray you can see mini loaves of Amish Friendship Bread along with some of my favorite cookies. The cookie recipes are below.


Grandma Bryan's Tea Cakes

An easy and delicious sugar cookies recipe.

See Grandma Bryan's Tea Cakes on Key Ingredient.



Mint Chocolate Cookies

A soft minty chocolate cookie.

See Mint Chocolate Cookies on Key Ingredient.



Peanut Butter Blossoms

A Christmas time favorite.

See Peanut Butter Blossoms on Key Ingredient.



Double-Ginger Molasses Crisps

A soft and spicy ginger cookie.

See Double-Ginger Molasses Crisps on Key Ingredient.



After spending a day baking cookies, I want to make sure those cookies stay soft and fresh. Placing a slice of bread or apple in the container helps. I lay wax paper over the top of the container before placing the lid on, and if the cookies will be stacked in a container I always put a piece of wax paper between the layers. All of these will freeze well too, except for the Peanut Butter  Blossoms. The chocolate looks a little funny after it has been frozen.

Do you enjoy baking cookies at Christmas? What are some of your favorites?

9 comments:

  1. Everyone one at the office liked each one. The plate is empty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I've taken the liberty to feature it on "Food, Food, Wonderful Food" http://foodfoodwonderfulfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie,
    I'd like to know how you get those recipe cards on your blog. That's really neat! This is a beautiful post and it's making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look yummy!!! I'll be starting my baking next weekend because I don't have extra freezer room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While doing a search for Amish Friendship bread I came across your blog...I am so glad I did. I love it...I am now a follower and fan. I can't wait to try out some of your recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Believe it or not those cookies are gone and we are on round two! :)

    The recipe cards can be made at keyingredient.com It is very easy to use.

    Sassy,
    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, I didn't get my plate... :-( Okay, jk...but, these all look amazing. Lucky peeps who got to enjoy. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought ingredients based on your recipes, I started with the peanut butter cookies, they were easy enough to make. The finished product tasted like flower… so I compared this to other peanut butter cookie recipes, this recipe lacked either a half cup of granulated sugar or should have had a half cup less flower. Was very disappointed that I had to scratch the 30 cookies, I hate throwing out food but just could not bring them to the party knowing they tasted like that. I of course will not be returning to this site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you didn't like the recipe. I've been using it for years, and never had any complaints.

    ReplyDelete

Header designed by Crystal. Thanks!