Thank you to Omah's Helping Hands for awarding Make it from Scratch the 2008 Christmas Spirit Award.
Part of receiving this award is to list your five favorite things about Christmas.
1) I love reading the Christmas story together as a family Christmas morning.
2) One of my favorite traditions is attending a candle light Christmas Eve service.
3) The look on the children's faces as they open up their presents, but
4) Even better than that, is watching them as others open the presents that were made or picked by the kids. I think they get more excited about the gifts they give than the ones they receive.
5) Time spent with extended family.
Another part of receiving this award is passing it along to others. I am only taking a moment this morning to pass this award on to one other blog. It isn't that I think this is the only blog out there worthy of the award, but this is a blog I've been meaning to highlight for some time. This seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.
This blog recently was started by a mom I know through our homeschool co-op group. It is entirely devoted to Christmas, the true story and the origin behind our traditions. Her latest post 1st Corinthians 13, Christmas Style is particularly poignant for those of who get caught up in the busyness of this season.
A Merry Christmas to you!