Thursday, April 16, 2009

Using Leftover Easter Eggs

The fun of Easter has come and gone, and now you are left with lots of hard boiled eggs. What to do with them? Here are some ideas. 


1. Deviled Eggs
This is a favorite in my house. Simply peel the eggs. Slice them in half long ways. Remove the yolks to a bowl. Mix yolks with mayo, mustard, and a pinch of salt. I like to add a bit of horseradish too. Fill the egg whites with the mixture and sprinkle with paprika!

For a variations of this old favorite check Deviled Eggs and Deviled Egg Recipes. Some very interesting option can be found there. 

2. Egg Salad & Beyond
Simply chop up the peeled eggs and mix with mayo, mustard, and perhaps a bit of chopped onion or celery. Chopped up hard boiled eggs are good added to other mayo based salads like potato and macaroni salad too. 

3. A Healthier Salad
Chop up the eggs and add them to your green salads. 

4. Curried Eggs
Just found this in my favorite cookbook. It sounds yummy. 

2 TB Butter
2 TB flour
1 tsp. chopped onion
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/3 tsp salt
1 C hot milk
6 hard - boiled eggs

Saute onion in butter, add flour, seasonings, and the hot milk. Simmer, stirring constantly until thickened. Slice the eggs and reheat in the sauce. Serve on rice or garnish with fingers of fresh toast. 

5. Or how about these unusual recipes found around the web? 

What are your favorite ways to use leftover Easter eggs?

image credit: Cobalt123

1 comment:

  1. When I was little, we would immediately bring the eggs home, and my grandmother would make scrambled eggs. I remember her rolling her eyes at me when I asked if the "colors on the eggs were safe for us to eat." Oh, I was such a hippie child.

    ReplyDelete

Header designed by Crystal. Thanks!