This is a great way to use up piles of random greens. The recipe calls for chicory but you can use any cooking greens. I made it the other day using kale, collards, beet greens and baby totsoi. Just make sure they're all well washed and that they equal a pound or two of greens total.
- Serves 6
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 large bunch chicory (1 to 1 1/4 lb.), cut into bite-sized pieces (bottom 1 1/2 inches of hard stems removed)(or any cooking greens)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded (I omit the lettuce.)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, preferably Greek (1 oz.)
- 1/4 cup grated aged goat cheese or Swiss cheese (1 oz.)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
2. Heat large pot over medium heat. Add greens, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until wilted, stirring frequently or tossing with tongs. Add romaine, and wilt 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer greens to strainer, and squeeze out excess moisture. Transfer to cutting board, and chop into small pieces. Stir greens into quinoa.
4. Pour 1 Tbs. oil into 9-inch pie pan, and place in oven. Heat 5 minutes, or until oil is hot. Swirl oil to coat bottom of pan, then spread quinoa mixture in pan with spatula. Bake 20 minutes. Drizzle pie with remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and bake 20 to 30 minutes more, or until golden brown.