I apologize for the delayed post. Hubby had back surgery last week PLUS my two step sons are in town from Indiana so it's been a very busy week! This is a simple and tasty recipe using ingredients you're likely to have on hand. With four boys and a recovering husband in the house, simple and tasty are the keys to my sanity!
1 1/2 cup Self Rising Flour
3 Mashed Bananas
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg Lightly Beaten
1/3 cup Melted Butter
Strudel Topping Ingredients
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbs Self Rising Flour
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbs Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 and line muffin pan with muffin cups or grease with cooking spray.
- Sift sugar and flour together.
- Mix egg and mashed bananas till all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin cup about half way with batter.
- Make Strudel Topping by combining all dry ingredients then cutting in butter till crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping generously over muffin batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
Jenn's Tips: To mash banana without the mess, squeeze the banana with the skin on till mushy (peel will start to break away) then, squeeze mushed banana from peel directly into dry ingredients. Modify recipe to make loaves or use a bundt pan (be sure to sprinkle topping in bundt first since it will be inverted when done).
Read Jenn's other recipe and craft ideas at Frugal Front Porch.