Monday, January 11, 2010

Minature Stuffed Pepper Boats

Here's a crowd pleasing appetizer that's perfectly portioned to keep it healthy while tantilizing your taste buds. Don't have a big party planned? Freeze the stuffing mixture, reheat to stuff and eat later.

Ingredients
2 medium apples - peeled & diced bitesize pieces
1 lb of ground beef, turkey, or sausage - cooked, crumbled
2 c dried berry fruit - raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc
1 1/2 c finely chopped walnuts
1 c herb flavored bread crumbs
1/2 c pure apple juice or water
30 miniature sweet bell peppers - various colors
shredded cheese - mozzarella, parmesean, cheddar, etc - optional

Create the stuffing
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a casserole dish with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Over medium heat in a fry pan, combine all ingredients except peppers and cheese till warmed through.

Assemble the pepper boat
Slice enough of one side of the minature peppers skin to expose the seeds. Remove and discard the seeds. Spoon stuffing mixture into the pepper “boat” and top with a bit of cheese. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly toasted.

Enjoy

*Jenn also blogs about food, crafts, and raising kids on budget at Frugal Front Porch*

2 comments:

  1. These sound good. I want to see a picture!
    I am going to star this one, I love sweet peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love minibells! I just wish they weren't so hard to grow and produced so little, or maybe that's just me. I only like veggies that are uber productive in my garden. Sweet peppers rarely make the cut. Although I think I might be persuaded otherwise if you can show me a pretty picture?

    ReplyDelete

Header designed by Crystal. Thanks!