Monday, September 28, 2009

Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad

Sorry for the delays in posting today. My precious computer's been in the shop since Wednesday night so there's been no internet access for me! :( I just got it back from the shop two hours ago and it runs SOOO much better! I'm blessed and grateful to have found someone to fix it at a VERY reasonable rate. Plus, he makes house calls! If you live in the Hallock, MN area and need a computer guy, let me know and I'll pass you the information.

For dinner tonight, I made chicken taco salad. It's easy, delicious and a great way to get some extra mileage out of left overs.

Ingredients
soft shell tortilla-burrito size works best
shredded chicken-left over from yesterday's fried chicken
1/2 cup dry rice-cooked
1 packet taco seasoning

Mix chicken, rice, and taco seasoning well. Add a few tablespoons of water if necessary.

Toppings
4 diced tomatoes (or canned diced tomatoes drained)
salsa
1 can spicy beans
Shredded lettuce
Shredded cheese-any flavor
Sour cream

Create a taco shell bowl
Preheat oven to 350. Gently push a tortilla in a glass bowl to form a tortilla bowl. Try not to break or crack it but allow it to curve in an out so it will fit in the bowl. I used a glass cereal bowl. Place bowls on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes till the shell is hard and crispy. Allow to cool.

Layer chicken mixture, shredded lettuce, beans, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Buen provecho! Enjoy your meal!

1 comment:

  1. I just made almost the same thing last night, but without the taco bowl. It's such a great to-go meal.

    ReplyDelete

Header designed by Crystal. Thanks!