Bacon. more mmmmm
Add them to shrimp? The ULITIMATE mmmmmmmm!
I don’t have any Irish dish or green shamrock to share with you today. Just this scrumptious dinner I made the other night! I created this dish after realizing the only thing I had thawed for dinner was bacon. Don’t get me wrong, the fam would SOOOO eat a plate full of bacon and eggs for dinner but I just wasn’t feeling it. I remembered there was some jumbo tiger shrimp left in the freezer. I also know frozen shrimp take no time at all to thaw in a bowl of cool water.
Dinner problem: SOLVED!
- 14 jumbo shrimp
- 14 bacon strips
- 1/2 tbs course ground pepper or peppery mix
- 1/2 can chopped pineapple plus the juice
- 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce – any flavor or brand
Carefully wrap one bacon strip around one shrimp. I start at the tail and work my way toward the head but feel free to do it however you like. To ensure the bacon stays in place, “pin” the loose end of the bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick. Cook the shrimp over medium heat on a skillet till the bacon is crispy. Depending on how large your shrimp are, you may need to stand them on their sides to get all the bacon nice and crisp. Do this in batches to avoid over crowding the skillet ensuring even cooking. Once all the shrimp are cooked, sprinkle with pepper. Place half a can of pineapple chunks in the pan till caramelized. While the pineapple is cooking, combine the BBQ sauce with approximately 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook till sauce is warmed through. Place caramelized pineapple over shrimp and finish it by pouring the heated BBQ sauce over the entire dish.
This took me under half an hour to prepare. Pair it with a salad or sautéed mixed veggies. Plate over over a bed of cooked rice or pasta with extra sauce drizzled on top for a mouth watering meal your family won’t soon forget.
Don’t forget to enter my current giveaways at Frugal Front Porch:
- Protect A Bed Queen Sized Mattress Protector to celebrate National Napping Day today. Hope you honor the day by taking a nice rejuvenating nap.
- Biquick Pancake Nation BIG Goodie Box Giveaway kicks off Bisquick’s new community pancake fundraiser initiative by getting you cooking some fantastic pancakes in your own kitchen!